Robert Bosch GmbH (in the following referred to as Bosch, "we" or "us") thanks you for using the "ChargeMyEV" app and for your interest in our company and our products.
1.1 Protecting your privacy when handling your personal data and ensuring the security of all business data is something we take very seriously, and this concern is built into our business processes. We will process personal data collected in the course of using the "ChargeMyEV" application in confidence, and only in accordance with the law.
1.2 Data protection and information security are enshrined in our corporate policy.
responsible for processing your data is Robert Bosch GmbH; exceptions are
explained in this data protection notice. Our contact details are as follows:
Robert Bosch GmbH
70839 Gerlingen-Schillerhöhe, Germany
Phone number: +49 711 400 40990
· Communication data (e.g. name, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address)
· Contract master data (e.g. contract relationship, product or contract interests)
· Customer history
· Contract billing and payment data
· Location data
· Other: Charging process data, charging identification data
- Registering a user account: A user account is required in order to use the "ChargeMyEV". (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Location of and navigation to charging points: In order to indicate charging points in your vicinity and enable you to navigate to them, we need your location data (GPS). You can specify in your cell phone's system settings whether to allow the "ChargeMyEV" application to use location data. If you do not allow the "ChargeMyEV" application to use location data in your cell phone's system settings, we will indicate charging points to you, but they might not be in your immediate vicinity. We will then also not be able help you navigate to charging points. (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- User profile: If, and to the extent that, you wish to use charging facilities through "ChargeMyEV", we will need your data in order to issue bills. (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Procurement and monitoring of charging facilities: You can use various access media (such as an app or RFID card) to start and stop charging. In connection with this, we will process data from downstream service providers in order to provide you with charging facilities through "ChargeMyEV". To safeguard our charging service, we will also monitor your charging operations. (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Log: Running and completed charging operations will be recorded in the log of the "ChargeMyEV" application. (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Payment processing: You can select a payment service provider to pay for charging facilities which you use through the "ChargeMyEV" application. In connection with this, the payment service providers will forward to us your name, e-mail address, and other information necessary for monitoring of payments. (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Create favorites: In order to quickly and easily find your preferred charging points again, you can add them to a list of favorites. In this context, we save the corresponding charging point information in your user profile. You can remove favorite charging points at any time. (Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Distribution of a newsletter containing news and information about our charging services. (Legal grounds: Consent)
Support: As part of our user support services, we will collect your data
in order to help resolve any problems you may have. This also includes logging
your activities within the "ChargeMyEV" application.
(Legal grounds: Contract fulfillment)
- Rating of charging points: Within the "ChargeMyEV" application, you can rate individual charging points by criteria including functionality, accessibility and price, and submit your feedback to us. (Legal grounds: Justified interest in improving our service quality)
Provision of analysis data from charging processes:
With regards to the provision of charging services at publicly accessible charging points mainly located at selected Bosch-sites we cooperate with the German Federal Ministry of Transport (BMVI) and/or corresponding providers commissioned by the BMVI. In this context, anonymized/pseudomised charging process data is being transmitted to the BMVI for the purposes of accompanying research and development of future funding measures for setting up additional charging infrastructure. This includes the transmission of e.g. the total charging time or the location of charging points where the respective charging process has taken place. Such charging posts will be marked with a corresponding note.
(Legal grounds: Justified interest in participating in a sponsorship project of the BMVI, in the context of which we have declared to contribute to accompanying research activities requiring the collection and transmission of above-mentioned data)
As a rule, we will store your data for as long as necessary to deliver our services linked to your use of the "ChargeMyEV" application and related ancillary services, and for as long as we have a justified interest in storing the said data further (for example, we may have a justified interest in carrying out postal marketing campaigns after having fulfilled a contract). In all other cases, we will delete your personal data, with the exception of data which we are required to continue holding in order to comply with legal obligations (for example, retention periods stipulated under tax and commercial law require us to keep documents such as contracts and invoices for a certain period of time).
We will only forward your personal data to other responsible parties to the extent necessary in fulfillment of the contract, to the extent that we or the said third party have a justified interest in forwarding it, or to the extent that you have given your consent for us to do so. Details of the legal grounds for such forwarding are set out in the section headed "Purposes of processing data and legal grounds". Third parties may also be other companies of the Bosch Group. The cases in which data is forwarded to third parties on the basis of a justified interest are explained in this data protection notice.
Additionally, data may be forwarded to other responsible parties where we are obligated to do so in compliance with the law or pursuant to enforceable orders of a public agency or judgments of a court.
We engage external service providers to perform services including sales and marketing, contract management, payment processing, programming, data hosting, and hotline operations. We have selected the said service providers carefully, and monitor them on a regular basis, particularly with regard to their due diligence in handling and protecting your stored data. We obligate all our service providers to maintain confidentiality and to comply with all legal requirements. Service providers may also be other companies of the Bosch Group.
The transfer of data such as a user name, e-mail address or individual device ID to the app store when downloading the "ChargeMyEV" shall not be classed as data collection by us, and is beyond our control. We have no influence on that data collection, or on the further processing of data by the app store as the responsible party.
We reserve the right to change our security and data protection procedures to the extent necessary in line with technical developments. In such cases, we will also update the content of our data protection notice accordingly. Please therefore be sure always to refer to the latest version of this data protection notice.
You can contact us at the address given in the "Responsible party" section.
For the assertion of your rights as well as reporting of data protection incidents use the following link: https://www.bkms-system.net/bosch-datenschutz.
For suggestions and complaints with regard to the processing of your personal data we suggest to contact our Officer for data protection:
Officer for Data
Information security and data protection Bosch Group
Postfach 30 02 20
Mail to: DPO@bosch.com
Date: July 2020